Saturday 16 August 2008

Week 30 & 31: Happy 43rd National Bdae!


Batman In salute to the nation =D

Alright, after 5 months of guerrillas, i mean gruelling training, it is over!

Back in April, we first remembered how many of us chao keng ( not me though) to not get into the parade, people who claimed they have hunchback, leg pain and blah blah blah more reasons to not get into the parade. Well, guess it is their loss. that very night when we were marching at the parade square for the selection test. It seemed more like defaulter's parade to me. Oh well. 90 were selected with a few as reserves.

Everybody had high hopes to be in the GOH. In the past few years, that have been the case for Navy. Half from the naval diving unit and the other half from the Institute of Maritime Operations which I am currently in now. But guess, they didn't picked my batch. I guess it was for the obvious reasons. I cant imagine my batch in GOH. Somebody must have been killed by a BLANK round already. ( Note my sarcasm.)

So off we go, we went to Nee Soon Camp for the first session. Felt like cramp. We had to "Sedia to Senangdiri" for like half an hour? To and from. Legs must be 90 degrees, when we bang our fet must hear the clear cut bang. Blah Blah. Few weeks at Nee Soon, then we had the chance to go see what Bedok Camp is like.

Now I know why my Guards Warrant Officer in BMT like to call the stadium the Ring of Fire. The Bedok Camp have a freaking huge words at the control room there. RING OF FIRE. lol. They Built a replica of the Marina Platform on the field out of containers. Felt that the rehearsal that day was quite messy, but quite a feat to built a two-tier stage. Kudos to those Banglas.

Soon we went to Marina Bay Platform. First time I had been there. More or less we are used to the practices and everything le. One biggest hoo ha that happened was on the 3rd National Education Show. The Colours Party did not hear the Drumbeat, or was it the drumbeat that was not played, they did not marched out to form the straight line. Major cockup. If they were to cock up on the actual day, they will be charged I think. >_< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_21">Kuan Yew puts on the Poncho for him. Quite a unique sight i must say. =D

So, while Singaporeans were enjoying the fireworks, the marching contingent had to head back to camp to return their rifles . Oh well. Looking forward to thursday free dinner for us . LOL. Make me so Yau Khwee like that. HAve an appreciation dinner this Thursday at this place called Chevron In the far ends of this island.
Hope there is post NDP sale man. Hoping to boost the economy =D
Sad part is that, Ok la, not blaming la, but alot of people keep asking me out on saturdays. And I tld them repeatedly I wasn't free. Not the first time, happened like 3 or 4 times. I get abit frustrated sometimes. Cos as you are marrching, you will be thinking ,
"ooh ur frens are out there enjoying themselves and they keep forgetting you are marching>_<"
Those on the parade with their saturdays being sacrificed. Teng Wenyuan and Tan Jian Rong.
Wy super sianed, shortchanged of offdays.
Weijie was there with the SAF Military Band. Kenneth Koh was acting as a statue...lol... Military Police.
Sergeant Farid was there as a "Traffic Police"
Guess they are alll the familiar faces I saw all know of that were at the parade.

No comments: