Sunday 9 March 2008

IFC

Realised didnt talk much about my life in tekong after the 2 weeks confinement.This post is bout IFC. So interested then read, may bore u out at some parts.

Hmm, came back le then straight away sent to fieldcamp. this is 6 days 5 nights as compared to commandos got 8 days. Well, did the 8km route march. Kinda of killed me. Cos i wore only 1 pair of socks. then the terrain was like, I dunno, kind of like bedok Reservoir. Super rocky. My whole feel turned sore. reached the campsite and started to pack all the stuff. IFC was about stuff to do whenu battle in the jungle. I didn't like it. But still did it la. Experienced my first shitting experience in the outdoor. hahas. beside me was my section mate, we were like making grunting noises while we tried to shit. My mind said, ''Come on shit!" but my ass couldn't. Sian half. Got conflict like that. in the end one small lump of shit like the size of 3 hershey's choc came out of my ass. Used some soil to cover up then go off le. Some other recruits like have chemical warfare or what, shit like free. One big chunk lor. Methane all over the air. When we pee, we will always say ,"Firers, unbutton ur pants. Grass patch, own time own target carry on!"

Sleeping in basha and another male beside u was a heeluva experience. Talking about the girls we like, talking about studies, and the the next thing u realise, ur platoon sergeant trying to stuff himself in between us. LOL. My buddy and I was shocked. Luckily encik called for him after awhile. Oh well, if u are lucky, you are allowed to sleep in the cowboy style. It is simply just laying your groundsheet on the floor and sleep on it. with no shelter over you. That is the best thing everyone were looking for. When you look up, the whole scenery is very captivating. The moment before you close your eyes and sleep, it is the best scene you wanna capture, you can see the stars and with the palm trees forming the border. Really nice, then you will go into deep slleep. most of us woke up when the temp dropped a few degree celsius. It is really cold no joke. The ground will be call due to water condensation i think. My science knowledge is slowly flowing away..

Hmm, combat rations are actually quite nice. They are created by DSTA. I like the deserts. Yummy=D you dun actually have to use the forks or sppon to eat. Just eat the food like bisucits like that. LOL. There is alot of biscuits too consume. SO practically can keep eating the whole day la.

3rd day was the worst i guess. that was when it rained for 3 days . When we started digging the shellscrape, it rained. Not just rain, it was a downpour for 3 -5 hours. Couldn’t remember. We ate diner with rainwater. underwear soaked totally. The feeling was what the sergeants described as orgasm. After dinner , continued helping m buddy to dig the trench. Everyone were practically shivering. Our whole hand shriveled When hot horlicks came, everybody were like refugees. Alll from the top of the lope chiong all the way down. Now that is what i call desperation. Hot horlicks flowing down your throat is damn shiok man. On an advice, when u are feeling cold, keep eating food, munching them . Your body will feel warmer supposedly. So yeah lor. I dunno whether to describe the experience as ordeal or unforgettable. After that night, my determination upped a few notches. I never expected I could survive through a freezing night, digging a freaking huge hole in rain, with my lower legs stck in mud. Well, army life. doing the stuff you once thought it was impossible.

BIC was like some battlefield. 17 years ago, I was crawling in diapers. 17 years later, I find myself crawling in long 4(army uniform). amazing eh. With my rifle and my buddy by my side=D
This was a test of endurance, i really felt live rounds above my heads, cos i supposedly was crawling damn slowly, was one of the last few. Quite an experience man. Whole body was sand later.

Fieldcamp basically was like this. Some companies were lucky, didnt got wet for 6 days. For me, not that. My company supposedly have this streak of raining at some major events. LOL. After the VS sec 3 camp, IFC was more or less the same in terms of dirtiness and muddiness. Bonding between mates were also there. Difference was the training and the stuff we do. So i guess most VS guys should have no prob doing that.. So yup yup. that bout it I guess.

No comments: