Sunday 18 October 2009

Lazing the Sunday away..

Alright. Liverpool Lost too. The boy that threw the beach ball shold be totally banned for his rest of his life from watching any games. To think he was a Liverpool Supporter!

Soccer aside. Religion Kept popping in my mind today. Well, it started off when 2 ladies came to my house today to like spread Christianity.

"Hi, i would like to ask yo this question. With the recent cases of more viruses and diseases, do you think that there is any chance humankind will be able to live healthily one day?"

My dad just stared at me as we were both at the door. (Later on, he told me that he thought there were from the Ministry of Health..) (I forgot to tell him also, they don't work on Sunday!)

Ok, so after being stunned for 5 secs, we gave them the answer NO. Then the ladies started to dig something out from their bag while mumbling something like "From the old text, Chapter...."

It was only then that my dad realised that they are Christians, then he told them politely that we are of 2 Religions and then the 2 ladies just left.

I was having my lunch afterwards and my dad suddenly asked me what if I have a Christian girlfriend in the future. I kept quiet. ( Cos my 2 ex-es were Christians.) Dad conitnued saying, NO, better not. So conflicting... blah blah. The I replied, "What if there are no other girls? She is the best... "

Dad said, "Better not..."

Me, "Ok lor, I go find those foreign brides.."

Dad, "HUH? you have a foregin girlfriend now??? Even worse! Can't even communicate!"

Well, relationship stuff aside, by the way, I don't have any foreign gf or what. Was thinking about religion. Yesterday, one of buddy, Melvin jio-ed me to go church.

So it suddenly hit me .Religion. I was questioning about his decision to why the sudden convert. He told me he wasn't, he is a free thinker, and he is going there to just explore. he had this cell group and new bunch of friends. Ok , I understand. He is just out of love, finding new social activities to pre occupy his heart from from pain is right. But then i ask him, why resort to going church?

"Bro, hard to explain online lah, we meet up then tell you again."

Sure, I am very willing.

Back in Secondary school days, I have this struggle with religion. People usually believe in their own religions only when something changes for the better. Say, I use to like this girl in lower sec, she told me that her family was actually Buddhists before, but a crisis hit the family, and they started to believe in Christianity. Everything went well for them after that. I was like OK.

Another one was not that clear, but I think the person belived in Buddhism and his health turned for the better.

For me, I had a dilemma in Sec Sch days. I had alot of friends who were Christians. People were also asking me to church. My Parents forbidded me. I questioned them, why can't I go, I am just expanding my horizons. Of cos, they screamed at me and said NO. Until this day, they are not giving me a direct answer, but what I feel is that they are afraid once I entered a church, I will like fall for Christianity.

I had many obstacles along my studies, and twice I thought i was going to screw up damn badly, I still passed. It is not that I turned to God, I remained with my faith Buddhism, which meant I turned to Buddha for my prayers. But, I had this thought, I could actually turn to either Buddha or God, but if I just slack around playing computer games and watching TV before my exams, what will my results be like?

Obviously, I did not do this experiment la. If not, you people will not see this long blog post being presented here. As I grew up, of course, I started to go read up on Christianity and also Buddhism. And then, I decided that I want to set my life yo the Buddhism way. I opposed quite a few Christianity views, ( no offence to my Chrisitian Friends ). I don't want to say it out explicitly, it is just that, i posed these questions to some of my friends, the answers they gave me were either vague or just not convincing enough. Most importantly, I was most afraid of getting into an argument, which almost happened in first 3 months in JC.

Yup, really had the feel to write this super long post. It has always been in my mind for so long, after what happened today and yesterday, i decided to just type this out. Religions is about freedom, it is not imposing your ideas on others. It is about sharing your ideas, accepting others. Not declaring that yours is the sole, but embrace others. Hmm, if only everyone , every human being can really let go, give and take, tolerate, even how much diseases , how much crazy viruses that are mutating out there, we can still face it as One Human Race!

No comments: